Laptop Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorprofe

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
Hello,
So my HP Laptop has the "Intel (R) HD Graphis and the minimum requirement is a "NVIDIA GeForce 7/8/9/100/200 series / ATI RADEON X1950, HD 2000/3000/4000/5000 series" to run a certain game. Would it be possible to connect my laptop to an HD TV and run the game. I'm not sure if this is how video cards work.
Thanks

Solution
Nope. Video card is a addon device which performs graphic related tasks and gives out signal to the monitor/tv to display.
With a Intel HD Graphics, the graphic related asks are performed by the processor which has very low performance compared to the video cards.

You cant possibly add video cards to your laptop. So the only way is to buy another laptop which has a video card in it.

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Nope. Video card is a addon device which performs graphic related tasks and gives out signal to the monitor/tv to display.
With a Intel HD Graphics, the graphic related asks are performed by the processor which has very low performance compared to the video cards.

You cant possibly add video cards to your laptop. So the only way is to buy another laptop which has a video card in it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.