Laptop video input question

Jun 29, 2020
I have an Acer Predator g3-572. I want to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my Xbox one. I’ve discovered the hdmi port is output only. My usb c port is 3.1 gen1 and I have a usb 3.0 port as well. Is there a way to make any of the ports a video in from my Xbox to use the laptop monitor?

Bassplate

Reputable
I have an Acer Predator g3-572. I want to use my laptop screen as a monitor for my Xbox one. I’ve discovered the hdmi port is output only. My usb c port is 3.1 gen1 and I have a usb 3.0 port as well. Is there a way to make any of the ports a video in from my Xbox to use the laptop monitor?
Hello!

Almost no laptops support video into them to use the screen as an input for another device. If your Xbox is already set up and working, you could potentially stream the video from your Xbox to your laptop using the Xbox App. I would recommend having both your console and the laptop connected to a wired network for this. Aside from that your only option would be to use a different display (monitor, TV, projector, etc.)