Question Laptop went blue screen, after reboot no wireless connections available

Replacement

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
I have a Sony Vaio SVS151A11L from 2012 running windows 7 home premium that will throw the blue screen up every now and then, I reboot it and everything works. This time I am not able to connect wirelessly to any network. Internet does work when I plug in an Ethernet cable from my router to the laptop.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless network driver with no results. I'm not sure what else to try.

I don't want to replace the laptop and am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop's motherboard? Often times a corruption of the OS can lead to you having a seemingly faulty or failing wireless adapter(or component on the laptop other than the wifi card). You could try and see if a wireless USB dongle gets you up and running with internet connectivity.

Replacement

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2013
Do you have any BIOS updates pending for the laptop's motherboard? Often times a corruption of the OS can lead to you having a seemingly faulty or failing wireless adapter(or component on the laptop other than the wifi card). You could try and see if a wireless USB dongle gets you up and running with internet connectivity.
I checked and it has the current version installed. I don't have a wireless dongle. Any other way to test this?

TRENDING THREADS