[SOLVED] Laptop white fog

saltySquash

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
I was waiting for the bus with the laptop in my backpack, when it started raining heavily for 15 minutes. When i got home i wanted to use the laptop for netflix, but when i turned on the screen it was almost completely white, like you can still tell that there is some windows stuff, but it's pretty hard to see. Look at the pic. I turned it off and left the pc sit to dry on a table for 16 hours now, and i just tried turning it on, but it's still there. Please help.

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/yXVYiNU

Solution
Seems that some part is broken. I think the panel itself is okay, but I can't be sure. It seem to me that the inverterm or some other part close to it is broken cause of the water damage. You won't know until you take it apart and even then it's hard to tell. I think your only 2 options are using an external monitor or getting the screen replaced...
Seems that some part is broken. I think the panel itself is okay, but I can't be sure. It seem to me that the inverterm or some other part close to it is broken cause of the water damage. You won't know until you take it apart and even then it's hard to tell. I think your only 2 options are using an external monitor or getting the screen replaced...

Solution