[SOLVED] Laptop Win 10 PC won't start

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
I am afraid I have little system info. The laptop is an older Acer E5-575-77CR with Win 10 Home 64bit.

When my wife tried to start it this morning, it came up with a statement that the machine had some problems, said that it was running an auto repair, and after a short time it closed down and did not restart as promised. When I restarted it manually, it came up with Preparing Automatic Repair, Diagnosing your PC.

After this, I was offered Auto Repair: PC did not start properly. I could then restart or choose Advanced Options
Exit to Windows 10 (did not work).
Boot with Device..I tried a rescue USB drive from my machine, b ut there was Security Boot Failure
There no other Rest Device
  • I tried from the Cloud, but a connection could not be made.
  • I tried resetting from the local machine but that failed.

Is there anything else I can try, please?

Any help greatly appreciated

Nick

Solution
Nobody? I cant even get to the BIOS screen.
Try these methods one buy one.

Its a laptop right? You have to mesh the F2 key continously as fast as you can after turning it on.

If that doesn't work, Hold the "Fn" and mesh the F2 key on startup. Fn key is located near the CTRL key.

I was offered Auto Repair: PC did not start properly. I could then restart or choose Advanced Options
Boot with Device..I tried a rescue USB drive from my machine, b ut there was Security Boot Failure
This menu that you got offered auto repair from is called the Windows Recovery Environment. In this menu, try to find "UEFI Firmware Settings".

If nothing works at all, make a...
I am afraid I have little system info. The laptop is an older Acer E5-575-77CR with Win 10 Home 64bit.

When my wife tried to start it this morning, it came up with a statement that the machine had some problems, said that it was running an auto repair, and after a short time it closed down and did not restart as promised. When I restarted it manually, it came up with Preparing Automatic Repair, Diagnosing your PC.

After this, I was offered Auto Repair: PC did not start properly. I could then restart or choose Advanced Options

Nick
Check BIOS for Secure Boot option and disable it.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020

Nick
What happened is that your PC's windows got corrupted. This can happen often with disk drives.
Go to BIOS and disable secure boot. (mesh F2 or delete key while the acer logo appears to enter BIOS)
Make a bootable USB and reinstall windows 10 in your system.

REALOldNick

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
:( I gave it a go, but the PC completely ignores F2 and Del keys. IT just keep popping up to the error message. So I can't get the BIOS up at all. That includes when I hold down the power key until it closes down and I hear the HDD disengaging.

Thanks for any input

Nick

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Nobody? I cant even get to the BIOS screen.
Try these methods one buy one.

Its a laptop right? You have to mesh the F2 key continously as fast as you can after turning it on.

If that doesn't work, Hold the "Fn" and mesh the F2 key on startup. Fn key is located near the CTRL key.

I was offered Auto Repair: PC did not start properly. I could then restart or choose Advanced Options
This menu that you got offered auto repair from is called the Windows Recovery Environment. In this menu, try to find "UEFI Firmware Settings".

If nothing works at all, make a bootable USB from another PC and insert it into your laptop.

Solution