[SOLVED] Laptop wireless connection acting very odd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2023
Dell Latitude 5285
Windows 10 Pro 22H2
i5-7300U/8GB ram

WiFi device - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Current driver - 20.70.32.1 (07/24/2022)

Hello, I need help with my niece's laptop that I bought 2nd hand. The wireless connection keeps disconnecting every 10-20 mins everytime when I look at 'change adapter option' it was disabled and when you enable it doesn't do anything, the weird part sometimes the entire thing disappears the wifi adapter and now the wifi device was hidden in 'device manager' when I click show hidden devices. Note that everytime the laptop disconnects windows will ask me to restart the computer for the changes to take effect, everytime I look at device manager wifi device it say's restart required something along that line, but I didn't do anyting? why is it asking me to restart?

I watch countless youtube videos but the only fix is temporary in cmd run as admin:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
and then restart.

I've used this laptop for a week and I did OS refresh before giving it to her during that week I haven't encountered any dc but after the refresh it's going nuts, I shouldn't have done that now idk what to do. The wifi latest driver from intel site doesn't seem to work. I installed restart and it didn't change the driver version or date. The Dell one works but is outdated.

Dec 25, 2023
Connect the laptop to your router via ethernet and go to the Dell link below.
Install all of the drivers.
Using the Intel website, install the driver detection program and update any detected. (I’m not sure if it’s included from above.)
https://www.dell.com/support/home/e...roduct/latitude-12-5285-2-in-1-laptop/drivers
Hey man thanks for the idea, I got lucky it didn't dc while downloading and installing the updates as this laptop doesn't have ethernet port. The laptop seems stable now somehow though it still does get dc but reconnects right away, unlike before I need the temporary fix I provided above and restart which is too much for me.

I installed the Dell SupportAssist which scans missing/outdated drivers and found 7 critical updates 2 wifi related and 1 bios update. Once again thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.