[SOLVED] Laptop with 2060+i7 8750h VS 1660ti+i7 9750h

Dec 10, 2018
Hello,

I wanna get myself a new laptop, i got 2 options :

Laptop with 2060+i7 8750h and one with 1660ti+i7 9750h which is also cheaper, im not sure what to get, i mainly look to game on it.

Solution
Yeah, I do travel abit, I always had a desktop and it kinda sucked not being able to hop on a game when I'm away from home, and you re right, in a year or two I d be grateful for those 5-10 extra fps, so I guess I ll wait for a 2060, i7 9750h deal, thanks cam
You might want to rethink that...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g281Cc9SUQ

The only thing different is higher clock speed... but what's the point of that when everything else is the same?
Plus not much of a difference between the 2060 and 1660Ti.
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, thats another point to go for the 1660ti one, the ram upgrade is cheaper plus the whole thing costing less, from a budget perspective, but idk if gettin the 2060 is actually that big of a deal, I can live witout RTX

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, thats another point to go for the 1660ti one, the ram upgrade is cheaper plus the whole thing costing less, from a budget perspective, but idk if gettin the 2060 is actually that big of a deal, I can live witout RTX
Granted that the laptop parts don't perform as high as their desktop counterparts, the 2060 doesn't perform that much better than the 1660Ti: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html
Plus, a 2060 runs like crap with RTX On anyways. You might try it out once or twice and be done with it.

That should help make the decision even easier.

Dec 10, 2018
I also read that the rog model has better thermals which will help with the boost of the CPU, i might just wait for black friday but i never shoped for laptops at that time, im not sure if i can actually get anything decent at a good price

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't rely on the laptop's cooling ability alone. The thicker laptops tend to have bigger cooling solutions, but that comes with more weight.
Both laptops look fairly thin and don't weigh that much...
I believe you should get a cooling pad for any gaming laptop.

You might find something, you might not.

IMHO, if the primary reason for getting a laptop isn't mobility, then it isn't necessary. Since laptops don't have as long of an upgrade window, you can screw yourself if you don't get a relatively high end model.

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, I do travel abit, I always had a desktop and it kinda sucked not being able to hop on a game when I'm away from home, and you re right, in a year or two I d be grateful for those 5-10 extra fps, so I guess I ll wait for a 2060, i7 9750h deal, thanks cam

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You might want to rethink that...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g281Cc9SUQ

The only thing different is higher clock speed... but what's the point of that when everything else is the same?
Plus not much of a difference between the 2060 and 1660Ti.

Solution