Question Laptop with broken igpu working with egpu

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
So basically i have a laptop that when i open it the screen is black, there is no screen output, i tried using another ram, screen and nothing so i think the gpu is broken since it opens but doesnt show any output. Will putting an egpu make the laptop work while it has a broken igpu

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
According to what type of laptop and it's age it might be worth having a professional take a look.

As I am sure you are aware, GPU are in HUGE demand right now and pricing is such that you very likely could buy a whole new laptop before nearing the price of a worthwhile (modern) GPU.

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
i know that gpu prices are incredibly high, thats why if i had to buy a gpu id buy a used 1gb gpu with 30 euros max (up to 35 dollars) to make the laptop working ( i already have a psu and have found a pci riser with 8 euros, up to 10 dollars)

OldSchoolGamer462

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
According to what type of laptop and it's age it might be worth having a professional take a look.

As I am sure you are aware, GPU are in HUGE demand right now and pricing is such that you very likely could buy a whole new laptop before nearing the price of a worthwhile (modern) GPU.
so ok lets say its the igpu problem, lets sya its broken, would the egpu work?