[SOLVED] Laptop with External 75hz Monitor only showing 60hz

Oct 6, 2020
Hi all, i've just bought a LG 25UM58 ultrawide monitor as there was a brand new one going cheap. It's 2560x1080 and supports 75hz but when connecting to my laptop I don't get a 75hz option anywhere. I'll list all specifications I think are relevant below but feel free to ask for more. Thanks!

Dell Inspiron 17 5748
Intel i7-4510u
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Geforce 840M

Solution
Sounds like your system just can't push 75 hz at the full resolution, it can be hard to find out the specifications on the external monitor connection for laptops, there is not much information about your system specifically, just same questions you have without a solid reply. Did you check for newer drivers from Dell support site?
Oct 6, 2020
I should note that I do get 75hz options on lower resolutions, is there a way of forcing the monitor to use my dedicated GPU (i have it set to always use nvidia in nvidia control panel) to get 75hz options?

Sounds like your system just can't push 75 hz at the full resolution, it can be hard to find out the specifications on the external monitor connection for laptops, there is not much information about your system specifically, just same questions you have without a solid reply. Did you check for newer drivers from Dell support site?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS