Zachary A.

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
Does it work? I've got a low-end laptop with the specs below:

• Intel Core i3-6006u @2.0GHz
  • Intel HD 520
  • 4GB DDR4 2133MHz Ram
  • 500GB 5400rpm Toshiba

My question is, does plugging a laptop rocking with such weak specs onto an external (Lets say a 24" 1920x1080 60/75hz) monitor will be able to run it perfectly? Does it bottleneck the monitor due to the laptop's weak specs?

I'd like to hear the ups and downs for the said issue. The reason I'm getting a monitor for it is so that I can have a larger viewing space since I use AutoCAD, Ms office, Filmora and even Photoshop at some point.

What are your guys thoughts? Will it make the screen stutter since the main display source for the monitor is the laptop? How does it perform in gaming?

I'm ignorant about these types topic and mostly computers in general. Thank you.

Solution
How does the laptop render the pixels on the external monitor? Or is it that the way they display the screen is through screen mirroring and that it doesn't sacrifice performance away? My laptop max & native resolution is 1366x768 and what would happen if I display 1080p? Thanks

Same way it does on the laptop screen, using the video chip. You won't lose any speed using a second monitor. If you clone the screens the external screen will run at 768 resolution also, extending will allow each screen to run at a different resolution which is the better idea.

Zachary A.

Reputable
Jun 4, 2020
Extending to an external display will be fine for general use and some lite games ie Facebook games.

If you have a 1080p TV in the house and Hdmi cable you can test it right now.
How does the laptop render the pixels on the external monitor? Or is it that the way they display the screen is through screen mirroring and that it doesn't sacrifice performance away? My laptop max & native resolution is 1366x768 and what would happen if I display 1080p? Thanks

Same way it does on the laptop screen, using the video chip. You won't lose any speed using a second monitor. If you clone the screens the external screen will run at 768 resolution also, extending will allow each screen to run at a different resolution which is the better idea.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS