Question Laptop with no sound after reinstalling windows and updating drivers

Sep 24, 2023
I have a laptop that had problems with a memory m2 that was not detected, I changed it for a ssd and reinstall windows update and install the drivers from the official website, but neither the speakers nor the microphone is not detected only tells me output device not detected and I tried all the youtube tutorials and some answers from microsoft but nothing i reinstalled again but has te same problem

The laptop is a Notghia-316
Windows 10 64 bits
PROCCESOR i3-6157U
8 GB DDR4-SDRAM
SSD 256 GB

Sep 24, 2023
check the device manager:
any exclamation or question marks?

is it just disabled by hotkeys?

Did you really install all drivers from the driver page?
theres a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark on PCI Simple Communications Controller
and no, it is not disabled by hotkey
yes i even used a third party software to update the drivers and i ended up with the same result

Go to device manager---do you have a yellow check mark--- click open the arrow to open devices in that tree > Right click the first choice the tree opened and go to properties

You will get a pop up box with General--Driver--Details--Events
click ---details--- now go down to Properties click the drop down menu and choose ---Hardware ids
Under ---Value--- you will get a long string of letters and numbers.

Copy that whole string into google and also here. it should be your hardware for you missing drivers for your sound. Than we can direct you to the driver and maybe get you up and going.

But honestly your motherboard drivers should have your sound drivers

Than go down to your volume icon on desktop and right click and go to ---open sound settings--- and make sure sound output is set correct in there.

choose your output device ,

this is providing in device manager you actually have the sound drivers installed.

Sep 24, 2023
Go to device manager---do you have a yellow check mark--- click open the arrow to open devices in that tree > Right click the first choice the tree opened and go to properties

You will get a pop up box with General--Driver--Details--Events
click ---details--- now go down to Properties click the drop down menu and choose ---Hardware ids
Under ---Value--- you will get a long string of letters and numbers.

Copy that whole string into google and also here. it should be your hardware for you missing drivers for your sound. Than we can direct you to the driver and maybe get you up and going.

But honestly your motherboard drivers should have your sound drivers
i ran windows update and the mark disapeared but still sound no working
install Intel Management Engine Interface
Done but still the same problem and something odd i found is that i keep hearing a "pop" sound from the speakers it may be a hardware problem?
Than go down to your volume icon on desktop and right click and go to ---open sound settings--- and make sure sound output is set correct in there.

choose your output device ,

this is providing in device manager you actually have the sound drivers installed.
it says no output devices found and yes it has the latest drivers i found

Sep 24, 2023
Check Audio in bios. is it enabled or is no option there?
check the cabling inside the laptop, maybe while you replaced the ssd, something got lose
Yes its enabled and i already checked that but everything is ok for me atleast i followed the speakers wires and everything seems normal but ill check again anyway
Do you have a set of earphone to plug in and test.
When you changed hard drives how deep did you have to open your laptop.
Yes i tried with different set of earphones and external speakers and they just emitted some form of static
Not too deep tbh since its a laptop i just had to remove one screw from the m2 and just place the ssd in other place and i remember i disconnected something because the pc wouldnt turn off when i was trying to remove the m2 and i tried forcing it to shut off but i reconnected it again so idk

Sep 24, 2023
Well you may have to pull motherboard battery to reset bios or you fried sound chip or maybe that cable is not fully seated. :unsure:
it has no cmos idk why lol also the laptop battery its inside the laptop like a cheap tablet
i unplugged and plugged in all the cables and nothing i guess the sound chip is dead?