[SOLVED] laptop with ryzen 7 3750h

May 13, 2020
so i have the asus tuf f505du gtx 1660ti 256ssd 1t hdd and 16gb ram so when i run a bench mark on userbenchmark its says only 1 ram of 2 is used also my fps on games like overwatch is lower than the reveiws on youtube in the control pannel should i use integrated graphics or nvidia processer

UserBenchmarks: Game 57%, Desk 75%, Work 59%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H - 66.5%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti (Mobile) - 58.8%
SSD: HFM256GDJTNG-8310A 256GB - 134.1%
HDD: Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB - 50.4%
RAM: Micron 16ATF2G64HZ-3G2J1 1x16GB - 43.9%
MBD: Asus TUF Gaming FX505DU_FX505DU

Last edited:
Solution
It looks like you are running on one 16GB RAM stick so your system isn't taking advantage of dual-channel architecture. With dual-channel you could expect anywhere between a 5-12% memory performance gain. The CPU would also get a performance boost in going to dual-channel. However, you'd have to verify a couple things to do this:

You would need to verify that your system has the physical capability to put another stick of RAM in.
You would need to verify that your system can run with the pair of sticks you want to use, in dual-channel mode.
You would need to get the exact same mfg/model of your current stick of RAM to even have a chance if it running in dual-channel with your current 16GB stick.
It may sound...
It looks like you are running on one 16GB RAM stick so your system isn't taking advantage of dual-channel architecture. With dual-channel you could expect anywhere between a 5-12% memory performance gain. The CPU would also get a performance boost in going to dual-channel. However, you'd have to verify a couple things to do this:

You would need to verify that your system has the physical capability to put another stick of RAM in.
You would need to verify that your system can run with the pair of sticks you want to use, in dual-channel mode.
You would need to get the exact same mfg/model of your current stick of RAM to even have a chance if it running in dual-channel with your current 16GB stick.
It may sound counterproductive, but I think you'll be better off picking up a 2x8GB (or 2x16GB, if needed) kit of RAM compatible with your system and selling the one 16GB stick. That way you are assured dual-channel mode.

Also, I just noticed that your RAM is running at 2400Mhz. What was the speed of the RAM advertised as when you purchased the system? For the video card, check that the drivers are up-to-date and check driver/overclocking settings.

Solution
I recently upgrade a budget laptop from a single 8GB stick of RAM to two 4GB sticks to enable dual-channel. Although you can't compare the two systems directly (mine is a budget system) you can see the performance increase it netted me.