Question Laptop with same specs as the Dell XPS 15 9560 but cheaper ?

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Hi everyone.

English being not my native language, i hope for your sake that i can express myself well enough.

My question is, i have a friend that has a Dell XPS 15 9560 with Intel i7-7700HQ and an FHD screen.

Can I buy something today similar in specs but for less than €500 ? I mean not the equivalent cpu today, but one that is similar to a 5 year old cpu but newer.

I really hope i could express myself ok so you dont lose many time to help me.

Blessed be all

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention where you're located. Also, is it possible to state what you intend to tx the laptop purchase with? Why does the pseudo new laptop purchase need to be equivalent to an i7-7700HQ?

Reactions: power777

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
You forgot to mention where you're located. Also, is it possible to state what you intend to tx the laptop purchase with? Why does the pseudo new laptop purchase need to be equivalent to an i7-7700HQ?
tahnks for your kind reply.
i live in Portugal and the reason to the new laptop to be equivalent is because i have a second hand dell xps 15 9560 for 500€ and i like to knew if i can get something similar but new for the same price. thanks onde more for your kind pacience and time, im avaiable to give more details if needed

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
What app's do you work with at this moment of time?
Web browsing, multimedia, stream, i think its more or less this, im think of spend a little more now, and be able to dont need to change again so soon, beccause in theory this dell is a better construction computer, and when i cant use it anymnore i will pass to someone in family.
hope this helps

Lutfij

Titan
I don't think you need to purchase another(second hand'ish laptop) instead if you can see if you can add some more ram and if it didn't come with an SSD, maybe drop in an SSD to breath some life into the laptop.

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
I don't think you need to purchase another(second hand'ish laptop) instead if you can see if you can add some more ram and if it didn't come with an SSD, maybe drop in an SSD to breath some life into the laptop.

Sorry Lutfij, maybe i expressed myselg wrong or i understood you wrong,
i dont have a laptop ate the moment, so i can put more either ssd or ram

i saw a dell xps 15 9560 in good shape almost new for 400€, and since i was loking for a laptop, i thought this was a good deal, i hope i coudls expresse good so you dont lose your time in vain.

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
You could look into this unit;
https://www.onbit.pt/portateis/port...-i5-1135g7-16gb-512gb-ssd-windows-11-pro.html
however it's not at your budget at 400Euro's.

Thnaks so much for your kind reply, please i ask a little more pacience from you and bear with me.

the dell xps the cpu is from what i saw around 25% less better than the one in the laptop you kindly put in your post, but from what i saw the dell can expand if need the ram to 64gb, this one is limited to 32 because only have one slot, and the ips screen of dell have more nits, and all of this for less than half the price.

ok i dont have garantee, and the cpu is lees better, also the gpu in dell is 1050 4gb, and in this delnovo is onboard iris.

I would risk to say i have a better deal going with the dell second hand, but i dont wanto to be rude and not listen to your kind advice.

Lutfij

Titan
Investing in older tech only means that you loose out on support. You truly don't need more than 16GB of ram if you plan to do any task under the sun, besides gaming and video production(and streaming while gaming).

Why are you concerned about the GPU? Are you interested in gaming as well?

You're more than welcome to invest in what you want to invest, since it's your money. The thing that we tend to avoid is recommending something that's unnecessary.

power777

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2014
Investing in older tech only means that you loose out on support. You truly don't need more than 16GB of ram if you plan to do any task under the sun, besides gaming and video production(and streaming while gaming).

Why are you concerned about the GPU? Are you interested in gaming as well?

You're more than welcome to invest in what you want to invest, since it's your money. The thing that we tend to avoid is recommending something that's unnecessary.

Thats the key words, somethings thats unnecessary, since my friend i cant really afford the almost 900€ for your recomendation, i gueess i will have to risk it or wait more time and save more money to buy new.

Only one more questio, if i decide to buy the dell, the seller said the laptop brings this dell software (Dell Support Assist ) that makes possible to do some tests to see if everything is ok, do you know if this softwer is acuratte? and be possible to rely on?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Dell's app's are all bloatware. Besides, what sort of tests are you assuming it'll perform? Since this laptop is used, make sure you have some buyers protection in case the laptop is faulty.

Please remember that most times second hand laptops have an inherent problem whereby the seller wants to get rid of it since they don't have a solution to said issue.

Sorry Lutfij, maybe i expressed myselg wrong or i understood you wrong,
i dont have a laptop ate the moment, so i can put more either ssd or ram

i saw a dell xps 15 9560 in good shape almost new for 400€, and since i was loking for a laptop, i thought this was a good deal, i hope i coudls expresse good so you dont lose your time in vain.

You won't find a laptop with the same price (400 euro) new that is as fast or as well built as the Dell XPS you were looking at. Just make sure things all work, no cracks in the case, etc.... Running a program like PassMark that is a benchmark would be a good idea. Just keep in mind you are giving up the warranty on buying a uses system so you need to make sure everything works OK and be prepared to eat the cost if anything breaks. See if they will take a bit less. You can find systems like a Lenovo T440/450 for cheaper also that are well built and reliable.

Hi everyone.

English being not my native language, i hope for your sake that i can express myself well enough.

My question is, i have a friend that has a Dell XPS 15 9560 with Intel i7-7700HQ and an FHD screen.

Can I buy something today similar in specs but for less than €500 ? I mean not the equivalent cpu today, but one that is similar to a 5 year old cpu but newer.

I really hope i could express myself ok so you dont lose many time to help me.

Blessed be all
You will struggle to find new a laptop for less than €500 that is as capable as a i7 7700HQ, however you can get something that's faster for €600. The Dell XPS is a premium machine though, you won't match it's build quality at that price point.