Question Laptop won’t turn on !

Jul 8, 2020
Ok, so my Acer E5-721-47M5 does nothing but produce a little blue light at the moment... fan doesn’t spin or anything.

This problem was very likely caused by me, as I just finished replacing the screen, hdd, and ram and this issue only just occurred when I went to turn it on.
the machine only produces the blue light if the battery is plugged in and the machine is connected to power via the charging cord. If I remove the charging cord then it refuses to show any life at all. And the same thing happens if I remove the battery and plug in the charger.

does anybody know how to fix this? Or what exactly is going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated and please feel free to ask any questions.

Jul 8, 2020
Not much to go by here, it was working till you opened it. Without actually having the system to look at it could be anything, loose cable, broken off part.
Actually I had another look at the unit since I wrote this post and found that the display cable wasn’t all the way in, resulting in no display. and the power issues were resolved by resetting the battery via a little switch.