[SOLVED] Laptop won’t boot

Meeloo

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016
Hi!
Details: HP 15 Beats Laptop p030nr
2 days ago my girlfriends laptop was working just fine until she turned it off for the night. After waking up in the morning, she could not turn it on. After trying almost everything to get it running, whenever we turned on the laptop, the backlight would turn off, then back on, then back off, doing this until I turn it off.
I can get into the bios and was able to try and start a startup repair, but any repair I launched would fail right away.
If you need more details please ask and I’ll answer. Thank you in advance.

Solution
I'd suggest you try to load some Linux distro to see if there is a OS or hw problem.

Say you try to boot using e.g. Linux Lite then you should be able to tell if the laptop itself are in working order. Also, in the boot menu, you'll find an option to test RAM integrity, also known as Memtest.

When in desktop, you'll find a program called Disk in the menu, from that you'll be able to get the disk/ssd s.m.a.r.t. values and can see if there is problems with the storage device.
I'd suggest you try to load some Linux distro to see if there is a OS or hw problem.

Say you try to boot using e.g. Linux Lite then you should be able to tell if the laptop itself are in working order. Also, in the boot menu, you'll find an option to test RAM integrity, also known as Memtest.

When in desktop, you'll find a program called Disk in the menu, from that you'll be able to get the disk/ssd s.m.a.r.t. values and can see if there is problems with the storage device.

Solution

Meeloo

Reputable
Mar 16, 2016

Appreciate the help. I ran a quick scan and everything Passed, except for the Hard Drive Short DST Check. It failed. I assume this means that the Hard Drive is corrupted. We were planing on getting an SSD and new RAM into the laptop anyway, so now might be the best time. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Grobe