Question Laptop won't boot from SSD with HDD connected

Jan 5, 2021
I have a HP Envy laptop with dual drive bays. I recently got a Samsung SSD to improve performance, used Macrium Reflect to clone the SSD (set in drive bay 2) from my HDD (set in drive bay 1). The clone was successful. However, as the HP BIOS has only "OS Boot Manager" option (no separate HDD and SSD options), the laptop wouldn't boot from SSD yet. I had to disconnect my HDD and then I was able to boot successfully from the cloned SSD. I then formatted my HDD to use only as a storage device. Upon connecting the HDD back, the laptop now won't boot - "No bootable device found". If I disconnect the HDD, Windows 10 boots successfully from SSD again. How can make the combo work - SSD for booting and HDD for storage only? Both SSD and HDD are in good condition.

I have a HP Envy laptop with dual drive bays. I recently got a Samsung SSD to improve performance, used Macrium Reflect to clone the SSD (set in drive bay 2) from my HDD (set in drive bay 1). The clone was successful. However, as the HP BIOS has only "OS Boot Manager" option (no separate HDD and SSD options), the laptop wouldn't boot from SSD yet. I had to disconnect my HDD and then I was able to boot successfully from the cloned SSD. I then formatted my HDD to use only as a storage device. Upon connecting the HDD back, the laptop now won't boot - "No bootable device found". If I disconnect the HDD, Windows 10 boots successfully from SSD again. How can make the combo work - SSD for booting and HDD for storage only? Both SSD and HDD are in good condition.
Use Macrium Reflect to make Rescue USB, BOOT from it and start BOOT troublleshooting.