Question Laptop wont boot to anything after windows update

Oct 15, 2020
Looking for some advice on my gigabyte aero laptop. After it updated windows it wouldn't boot to windows and would go to a black screen after gigabyte splash screen, the screen on the laptop is broken so i use an external monitor and the monitor detects the input but stays black ( ive tried multiple monitors with multiple ports on the computer). I've tried to boot from a live version of windows and multiple distros of Linux as well as diagnosis tools on a usb but it still did the same thing. i have tried to install a few things on a different ssd and i was able to get to the install for ubuntu once and the gui and everything loaded but after i reboot it went to tty . i also tried booting with everything with every combination of settings in the bios i can change as well as clearing the cmos. im using the ram that came with the computer and its detected in bios. Unfortunately this happened after the warranty period has ended the Is there anything else i can do before giving up on the laptop?

Oct 15, 2020
Reformat ? Did you back up data before update ?
I didn’t backup the data, after I tried the recovery tool for windows and some other stuff to try and get windows working but it didn’t work so I did a fresh install of windows and erased everything, I didn’t need any of the data on the computer anyway. I reformatted it a few times after that with the ssd in a different computer and when I tried to install ubuntu.

TRENDING THREADS