Question Laptop won't boot up with ssd plugged in. Help please

May 14, 2019
Hi i just bought Asus TUF gaming FX 505DY laptop last week, bought M.2 nvme ssd drive as well the very next day. I wanted my main C drive to be SSD so I plugged in my ssd formatted the HDD via win 10 setup, installed win 10 on ssd. After installation I installed the drivers on win 10. Now after restarting the laptop it won't boot. It just gets stuck on the asus logo, won't even let me open the bios setup. Completely frozen. I have to remove the ssd then install windows in HDD. Even after this if I put my ssd again and set boot priority to ssd, it will start the freezing thing again. But if the boot priority is hdd windows will boot up from hdd and I can see ssd in MY computer.
Here's what I have tried.
Disabled secureboot mode
Disabled Fast Boot mode
Removed the hdd from laptop installed windows on ssd then after installation replugged my hhd, again freezing.

The windows 10 I'm installing is via usb Bootable. Gpt

Asus fx 505dy
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H

Graphics adapter: AMD Radeon RX 560X (Laptop) - 4096 MB, Core: 1223 MHz, Memory: 1750 MHz, GDDR5, 25.20.15025.1002 (Adrenalin 19.2.3)

Memory: 8192 MB DDR4-2666, 17-17-39, Single-channel

Display: 15.6 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel 141 PPI, Sharp LM156LF-CL03, IPS, NCP002D, glossy: no

Mainboard: AMD CZ FCH

Edit: Laptop boots from ssd when hdd removed and vice versa. Just freezing when both drives are put together and tried booting via ssd

Lutfij

Titan
So you created your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? 308 is the latest on Asus's support site. You also forgot to mention or provide the link to the NVMe SSD you'd picked the day after the laptop was purchased. According to this reference material, an upgrade guide, the laptop does not support M.2 2280 SATA based SSD's.