Laptop Wont Boot Up

Ahmed Salama

Honorable
May 2, 2013
My friend's new Toshiba satellite c850 with Windows 8 had some problem, I installed the EaseUS partition master program to repartition his C drive "1tb"

then it asked me to restart the laptop, but then it crashed and gives me the error " 0xc0000225 " And asks me to insert windows disc or usb to get into recovery mode... I tried using W8 DVD/ WXP cd/ tried booting booth through a usb disc and linux live from usb too but it wouldnt just boot from them for some reason

I checked the bios a 100 times to make sure boot order as it supposed "USB and DVD before the HDD" but no good also.

Please help me.
Thanks

Also I have no recovery discs whatsoever from the company,I cant return it since he bought it somewhere out of the country

Edit: A friends tells me to look for the IDE/compatibility mode because there is some problem which blocks the laptop from booting via the USB/DVD but Thing is i cant really find that...Under which tab is it supposed to be ?

here is a pic: http://i.imgur.com/j6FmQEt.jpg
thanks

Hi

Tell us what repartitioning you did on the hard disk ?

Is it Win 8 64 bit or 32 bit ?
Find another Win 8 PC (with same 64bit or 32 bit version of Windows 8)
then creat a system recovery disk

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2855-system-repair-disc-create-windows-8-a.html

see if this boots up ?
If it works see if it can repair system

Once it is repaired find out how to make a set of Toshiba Win 8 recovery DVD's

regards

Mike Barnes

Ahmed Salama

Honorable
May 2, 2013

I already mentioned that i have went into the bios and changed the settings of order of booting so that it SHOULD boot off CD/USB first But nothing really is happening it just boots straight from the hdd.. Sometimes it takes few seconds when a cd is inserted but then it boots into the hdd with the same error

Ahmed Salama

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Its OFC a 64bit since it's a new laptop, I shrinked the C partition to 200gb instead 900 and created several other partitions.. Thing is the hard disk didnt even partition the laptop crashed before it booting into the program really.

and I cant really get my hands on another w8 laptop, I dont think this would solve the issue really since I have a working W8 disc which i tried on my laptop and works perfectly...

The main issue is that it wont boot from the DVD or USB WHY IS THIS ?
Thanks !