Laptop won't charge and the laptop battery sign shows it switching in between charging and not charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acnalagon

Prominent
May 6, 2017
Edit: I forgot to mention that the laptop is a Lenovo G50-45 model if the info helps.

Last night I left my laptop open and charging while I went into the kitchen for dinner and when I came.back I noticed that it wasn't receiving any charge. I plugged it out and in and no luck. I turned it off and back on and still no juice.

I looked up some solutions online, and tried the ones talking about removing the battery and ac adapter and pressing the power button for x amount of seconds but it didn't work. Now when ever I plug it in, the charging light turns off and on repeatedly as if it can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. When I turn it on, the battery switches to and from the charging icon.

Could anyone help or advise me on what's happening here? I have projects I need to get done and this happened inconveniently when I was just starting. I thank any and all help provided.

Solution
Test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

You should also see if the battery will charge when the laptop is turned off. If it will, then the cord is probably your issue.

If it won't turn on with the cord even (charging the batter or not), try pulling the battery and see if it will power on when the battery is out. Some will, some won't. If it does, then the battery needs replacing.

If it won't charge no matter if it is on or off, but the laptop will work when connected to the charger cord (just won't charge the battery) then the battery needs replacing.
Test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

You should also see if the battery will charge when the laptop is turned off. If it will, then the cord is probably your issue.

If it won't turn on with the cord even (charging the batter or not), try pulling the battery and see if it will power on when the battery is out. Some will, some won't. If it does, then the battery needs replacing.

If it won't charge no matter if it is on or off, but the laptop will work when connected to the charger cord (just won't charge the battery) then the battery needs replacing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.