Laptop wont connect to tv using hdmi or vga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laine_1

Prominent
May 22, 2017
I have a hp envy m8 and the screen is broken. You cant see anything on it but light and some colors. Usually i use a hdmi cord and connect it to my tv to use the cpu but something messed it up. When i turn it on you cant see anything until it goes to the login screen. But its not going to the login screen. On the laptop when i turn it on its starts out black, then its a bright blue tinted light. I can see the mouse moving and when i press enter it does something but ends up back at the same blue light. Ctrl+alt+delete doesn't do anything, and fn+f4, or f8 doesnt do anything either. I tried to connect using hdmi cable and vga cable nothing happens.

Solution

Looks like a pretty big scan line to me. You could try opening the laptop, disconnecting the screen from the motherboard, and reconnecting it. If the problem is a loose display connection, this would likely solve it.

Looks like a pretty big scan line to me. You could try opening the laptop, disconnecting the screen from the motherboard, and reconnecting it. If the problem is a loose display connection, this would likely solve it.

Solution

yes, and if that doesn't work ... disconnect the motherboard to screen cable again but this time leave it disconnected. This should 'force' the video output to the tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts