[SOLVED] Laptop won't connect to WiFi and there's no wireless adapter shown in Device Manager ?

Jan 30, 2023
Hello, so I have just bought an Asus Rog Strix G17, installed windows 11 on it, and now I can't connect it to the WiFi.

The icon at the bottom right shows a globe and when I click it there is nothing about wifi at all. I checked Device Manager and there is no wireless adapter shown ?

Lutfij

Titan
Where did you source the installer for your OS? As for the drivers, assuming you're working with this laptop(i.e, the 2022 variant), you should source them from here;
using a donor system and an USB drive.

Would also be a good idea to check and see what your current BIOS version is for your laptop.

Jan 30, 2023
Where did you source the installer for your OS? As for the drivers, assuming you're working with this laptop(i.e, the 2022 variant), you should source them from here;
using a donor system and an USB drive.

Would also be a good idea to check and see what your current BIOS version is for your laptop.

I downloaded ISO windows 11 from the microsoft official website.
I have already downloaded that realtek LAN driver from their website and it didnt do anything for me. Still cant get anywhere to connecting to the wifi :(

Lutfij

Titan
You could easily make your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools as opposed to using it to source the ISO and then making the installer using a third party app like Rufus. Can you confirm the SKU to your laptop? There is a 2021, 2022 and 2023 variant for the G17.

Reactions: yowefah
Jan 30, 2023
You could easily make your installer using Windows Media Creation Tools as opposed to using it to source the ISO and then making the installer using a third party app like Rufus. Can you confirm the SKU to your laptop? There is a 2021, 2022 and 2023 variant for the G17.

I made a new USB with the media creation tool, but now I cant even install windows 11 on the laptop. It comes to the "lets connect you to a network" part and I cant click Next as it only shows ethernet, there are no wifi networks. I cant even skip this step now.

I made a new USB with the media creation tool, but now I cant even install windows 11 on the laptop. It comes to the "lets connect you to a network" part and I cant click Next as it only shows ethernet, there are no wifi networks. I cant even skip this step now.

Can't you carry your laptop over to where your router is and connect with an ethernet cable, even if it's just a temporary solution to get Win 11 installed and drivers downloaded ?

Jan 30, 2023
Ahhh okay, fixed it. My bad.... I had to click "Show all" underneath "Networking" on download page to see the wireless drivers. I only downloaded the first one (LAN driver) and that's why it didnt work.

TRENDING THREADS