Laptop Won't Detect GeForce Graphics?

SoupOrHero

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

So I bought my gaming laptop from xoticpc.com, it was a Sager NP7352. I chose to buy the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 w/ Optimus™ Technology.

Earlier today I was curious to see why I was lagging when playing Battlefield 3 since I was told the laptop could pretty much run the game at max graphics with this video card. I wasn't even close to playing it at Max Graphics, so I was curious and went to see what card I had in my laptop.

I current have Windows 8 64bit installed, so I went to device manager and it showed that I was using Intel(R) HD 4600 graphics. I began freaking out and called customer support and they told me that it was the optimus technology that was showing this and that whenever my computer didn't need to use the GeForce graphics card, it wouldn't use it and instead used the intel. That cleared things up but I was still curious to see why I was lagging.

I went to the GeForce website and went to the "Automatic Update" finder that pretty much finds out what drivers your graphics card uses and if an update is needed our not. It said that it could not detect any nVidia Products on my laptop. I then downloaded the NVidia Control Panel that you can run on your desktop. However when I went to install it it told me that no nVidia products were found on my computer. I was beginning to get very frustrated since I was sure that it shouldnt at least recognize that I had the darn graphics card. I have found no evidence on my laptop that I currently run/own the GeForce graphics card.

Can anyone in anyway help me determine a way to make sure I have the GeForce graphics on my laptop? I would be very bummed to find out that I ordered it with the graphics card and it was never even installed. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated, thanks!

Stefan

JashQ

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
I had an Acer Aspire notebook with the Geforce graphics card too. When I got the windows 8 installed it couldn't detect it anymore. My solution to this issue was looking for it in the Device Manager. But I couldn't find it there at all. So I went to the F2 boot menu when you restart your computer. Find the Graphics section and changed it to "Switchable" hence your computer should be able to switch it to the HD Graphics and your Geforce. If you can get that far, you can update the nvida and all that other stuff should be solved.

At least, it worked for me.