Laptop wont getting ON

Kapil_yk5

Prominent
May 15, 2017
I have a hp pavilion g6 laptop. Yesterday it stopped working. The problem is, it is not getting on, sometime it gets on but for last 10 hours its not getting on please help me sir. What may be the possible reasons.
Kapil verma, INDIA
Thanks.

Solution
have you tried a different power supply?

when you say 'not getting on' do you mean absolutely nothing happens? or do you mean windows doesn't load?

Does the little light beside the connector where you plug your power supply into the laptop come on?

Does even the little light on the start key come on when you press start?
have you tried a different power supply?

when you say 'not getting on' do you mean absolutely nothing happens? or do you mean windows doesn't load?

Does the little light beside the connector where you plug your power supply into the laptop come on?

Does even the little light on the start key come on when you press start?

Solution
Try removing the battery and see if it starts with no battery in it.

Do you know anyone with the same laptop? - i'm trying to think of a way to have your battery charged and then we could see if it would start with a charged battery.

you didn't reply to my question: have you tried a different charger?

Kapil_yk5

Prominent
May 15, 2017

When I remove the battery and try with only charger, not happen anything.
And sir I didn't use another charger and I don't have any friend having the same laptop

My friends and family come to me for laptops. I almost always get them the g6 so ... I have about 10 or so that I look after. The power supplies that come with them are ok but they do break down (as do any laptop chargers). I know it's tempting to think that because the little light comes on it must mean the power supply is working. I can assure you that the light is no guaranty of the power supply working properly - it takes much more power to turn on the laptop than it does to turn on the little light.

Is there perhaps a computer repair shop that could plug in a 'universal' power supply to your laptop just so you would know if that is the problem or not?

Kapil_yk5

Prominent
May 15, 2017

Sir,today I removed the keyboard and tried to get on my lappy then switch led got on but there was nothing on lcd and when I removed the switch leaf then screen is got on when I pluged the leaf of switch then and lcd goes blank what is the problem please tell me ASVP. My english is weak so are u understanding what I want to say

No, sorry ... i do not understand the above at all ....leaf of switch????

Again though, before removing keyboards and messing with switches etc. I encourage you to try to find somewhere that has power supplies ... if you tell them you will buy one from them if it 'turns on' your laptop they would probably test it for you for free (a universal adapter would be fine). Your problem could easily be as simple as this.