Question Laptop won't give me any signs

Jul 2, 2021
When i turn on my laptop the power LEDs go on on the power button and i can hear the fan and disk spin inside and it heats and everything but nothing shows on screen, literally black all the time, no BIOS Screen or anything, i tried pluggiing it into a working external monitor via HDMI but nothing showed up on monitor too but the monitor noticed that i powered my laptop so its sending signals to the monitor but it was still a black screen all the way, now i don't know what to do
Anyone have an idea what it could be or how can i fix it?

Last edited:
When i turn on my laptop the power LEDs go on on the power button and i can hear the fan and disk spin inside and it heats and everything but nothing shows on screen, literally black all the time, no BIOS Screen or anything, i tried pluggiing it into a working external monitor via HDMI but nothing showed up on monitor too but the monitor noticed that i powered my laptop so its sending signals to the monitor but it was still a black screen all the way, now i don't know what to do
Anyone have an idea what it could be or how can i fix it?
Good move trying to use an external monitor, this rules out your laptop screen being broken

most likely your mobo/gpu is borked, which usually is not economically repairable outside of warranty

if you have warranty, i'd RMA the laptop

if not, you could try to bring to a shop