Question Laptop won't go into sleep mode

Mar 19, 2019
Hello, since two weeks ago, my Asus VivoBook S510U model laptop has not been able to go into sleep mode whether I close the lid or press power button. The only solution to turn off the device seems to be manually turning it off from the start menu.

I have ensured that the power setting does say PC goes to sleep after 1 hour and checked "When using multimedia...Allow computer to sleep" option in advanced power settings. I tried to look for "Allow hybrid sleep" option, but it was missing.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I really look forward to replies since this little annoying problem is slowly driving me to insanity after persisting for weeks. :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you run Asus live update to confirm there aren't any new drivers for laptop?

its probably caused by an old driver, so if you haven't got Asus live update (as looking at web site, they haven't updated it in a year), check you have newest drivers compared to what shows here. https://www.asus.com/au/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S15-S510UQ/HelpDesk_Download/

you can run driverview to see what is currently installed. One of its options hides all Microsoft drivers which sure helps