Laptop won't load

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Hi. I have a laptop that can't get past the loading screen.

The power cable was pulled out and it came up with the blue screen.

After hours it has finally managed to do the startup repair but when it restarted it couldn't get past the loading screen. It restarted itself and possibly displayed a blue screen (something flashed up a second).

I have tried restoring it to an earlier point. It ran the check disk and said it has restored things and all was fine. Restarted and it got stuck and then got the blue screen.

Tried again with an earlier restore point. It did the check disk, found no problems but still failed on the restart.

I cannot get it to boot up in safe mode. It gets so far and just freezes.

I have no backup disks.

I checked the RAM just in case it was that and that seems fine.

It is a Toshiba Satellite, Windows Vista.

I'm planning on trying the option of Toshiba HDD Recovery which says it will reset it to its original state, but just want to know if there's anything else I should try before that?

Thanks.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
It says 0x0000024 which I've read is something to do with RAM. There is something else but it hasn't displayed it long enough for me to see what it is.

I don't have any disks. I have a Vista desktop but never had the Windows disk to go with it. Need to try and sort it today and got no way of getting an installation disk easily.