Question Laptop won't POST after changing RAM ?

Dec 29, 2021
My laptop is a Sony Vaio SVE14AG17W and it came with Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8gb DDR3 RAM installed.

At first, i removed one of the 8gb sticks and put it on my dell laptop, and it works normally. After like 5-10 minutes later, i turn on my vaio laptop, at first it works fine but i decided to turn it off because i don't want to use it now. But i turn it on again after 2-3 hours later, it wont display. I decided to put 2x2gb of ram in my vaio and it works fine, even after shutting down and turning it on again.

Is it because of the ram stick or what?

My laptop is a Sony Vaio SVE14AG17W and it came with Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8gb DDR3 RAM installed.

At first, i removed one of the 8gb sticks and put it on my dell laptop, and it works normally. After like 5-10 minutes later, i turn on my vaio laptop, at first it works fine but i decided to turn it off because i don't want to use it now. But i turn it on again after 2-3 hours later, it wont display. I decided to put 2x2gb of ram in my vaio and it works fine, even after shutting down and turning it on again.

Is it because of the ram stick or what?
Sounds like you may have mis seated the ram the first time I would try again, make sure you get the ram seated fully and securely