[SOLVED] Laptop won't Post after installing a new ram stick

Jun 5, 2022
My laptop will absolutely not post after installing a new stick of ram
So I have 1x4GB DDR3 667Mhz Ram and I wanted to add New ram, I can't seem to boot it on the 2nd ram stick and it's labelling is not good so I can't tell what it is, it's a (1x4GB 2RX8 PC3-10600S-9-11-FP) - the new ram stick

I have heard everywhere that u can mix ram sticks with little to no errors but nothing about it no booting/posting
The lights come on and the fan runs but no input or output
During post :
Mouse doesn't work
Keyboard doesn't work
Screen doesn't turn on

My PC Specs

Operating System :
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU :
Intel Core i3 370M 2.40Ghz Arrandale 32nm Technology

Ram with old single ram stick :
4.00GB Single Channel DDR3 @ 532Mhz (7-7-7-20)

Ram New stick with information I have at hand
1x4GB 2RX8 PC3-10600S-9-11-FP

Motherboard :
LENOVO Base Board Product Name (CPU)

GRAPHICS :
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics

Storage :
223GB Dahua C800A SSD 240GB (SATA(SSD))

Optical Drives :
Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8B1AS

Network :
WiFi, Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 wireless network

Audio Is Not Working But That's Something Wrong With Speaker so I use headphones and it works...

Please Help, I'm a 15 Year Old Boy, From South Africa...
I like to think I'm good with tech but my family and I are to afford anything at the moment so I try to find workarounds
Pls I really wanna play games on my laptop and I kinda "NEED" 8GB for decent gaming

Solution
If they both work individually, but not together, I'd say there's not much you can do..they're incompatible.
You could try to find a stick that matches either one of them, and use those together (you stand a better chance of those pair playing nice together), or find a single stick of 8 gb and use that alone.
Jun 5, 2022
My New Ram Stick was Working in another laptop but doesn't work in mine it's not DOA (since it was working before I put it in my PC) and when I use only old stick it works but with both or even just new stick nothing works

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You shouldn't mix and match sticks of ram regardless of what the circumstances. Treat ram upgrades as you would with buying a pair of shoes or wearing them. You can wear two different sized and colored shoes but it doesn't help you in any way other than to look silly.

If you want to upgrade your ram, get the same stick of ram as you had on the laptop to begin with. Model for your Lenovo laptop? FYI, the specs themselves indicate that you don't have a gaming laptop, let alone a decent gaming experience.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You shouldn't mix and match sticks of ram regardless of what the circumstances. Treat ram upgrades as you would with buying a pair of shoes or wearing them. You can wear two different sized and colored shoes but it doesn't help you in any way other than to look silly.

If you want to upgrade your ram, get the same stick of ram as you had on the laptop to begin with. Model for your Lenovo laptop? FYI, the specs themselves indicate that you don't have a gaming laptop, let alone a decent gaming experience.

The Laptop Model Is : Lenovo G560 64-bit

I really can't afford anything else tho

I can play certain games
But right now I really wanna play "Rust" And they say 8Gb minimum ram and 10-16GB recommend

Jun 5, 2022
And I got school tomorrow 😭
And my laptop is what I use for work and during break time I play games with friends they even suggested I get another 4GB stick and use it but it doesn't work

Jun 5, 2022
Ok, So New Problem...
I just booted the new ram stick and it booted windows so both can boot windows separately but if I try to use both at same time same thing not booting or posting so can this somehow help

If they both work individually, but not together, I'd say there's not much you can do..they're incompatible.
You could try to find a stick that matches either one of them, and use those together (you stand a better chance of those pair playing nice together), or find a single stick of 8 gb and use that alone.

Solution