Question Laptop wont run GTA V smoothly even though specs say it passes recommended requirements

May 7, 2021
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ARE05, specifically a Ryzen 5 4500U with a Vega 6 type iGPU, 8gb ram, and i have an SSD bootdrive but since GTA V takes up a whole lot I had to put it to my HDD, which inturn causes it to load for like 5-10 mins everytime, and that's what i have. Currently i literally made everything, from editing everything in the settings.xml to 0.000000, lowest possible resolution, using DX10.1, memreduct.exe for cleaning memory every 10 minutes, an EmptyStandbyList command that I do every certain minutes, process is prioritized to High in Task Manager, and my temps are at a constant 40-50 degrees, but my GTA Online runs on absolute <Mod Edit> fps after a certain time, commonly 10-15 minutes, it starts stuttering like hell until it's literally unplayable, have to alt f4 out, wait for 5-10 mins just for it to load, then do everything that i can before it starts stuttering like heck. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2021
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ARE05, specifically a Ryzen 5 4500U with a Vega 6 type iGPU, 8gb ram, and i have an SSD bootdrive but since GTA V takes up a whole lot I had to put it to my HDD, which inturn causes it to load for like 5-10 mins everytime, and that's what i have. Currently i literally made everything, from editing everything in the settings.xml to 0.000000, lowest possible resolution, using DX10.1, memreduct.exe for cleaning memory every 10 minutes, an EmptyStandbyList command that I do every certain minutes, process is prioritized to High in Task Manager, and my temps are at a constant 40-50 degrees, but my GTA Online runs on absolute garbage fps after a certain time, commonly 10-15 minutes, it starts stuttering like hell until it's literally unplayable, have to alt f4 out, wait for 5-10 mins just for it to load, then do everything that i can before it starts stuttering like heck. Currently I don't have any space for GTA V in my SSD since it only has 126gb and GTA takes like 110 of it. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks!