Laptop won't run without charger.

Jan 10, 2016
As the title says, my laptop will not start up without being plugged in and will shut down if the charger is removed. This problem started when the laptop was not at 100% battery and it has since then taken on charge (now being at full charge).

I know that lithium ion batteries eventually give out, and my laptop is not new and I use it frequently and intensely. I will probably end up buying a couple of new batteries anyway (here's hoping they're still in stock) but I just wanted to get some more opinions on the matter.

Update: As Shubham_23 noted, leaving the laptop charging at 100% affects battery life, which I must admit I've done quite often in the past.

Solution
As above, this means your battery has died and can no longer be used (normal for laptop batteries after a while).

Be careful when buying replacements, sometimes the cheap non-original manufacturer ones just will not work, and most of the time its better to bite the bullet and buy the more expensive replacements from your laptops manufacturer.

Also note that there it a small chance of it actually being the connections in your laptop itself that have been damaged. It's a much smaller chance that this is the case, but its something to note in case a battery replacement doesnt work.

Shubham_23

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Battery problem get it replaced, either u keep on charging even when it's 100%, that reduces battery life, some laptops use software to stop charging at some %(90%+) to increase battery life

Gallarian

Distinguished
As above, this means your battery has died and can no longer be used (normal for laptop batteries after a while).

Be careful when buying replacements, sometimes the cheap non-original manufacturer ones just will not work, and most of the time its better to bite the bullet and buy the more expensive replacements from your laptops manufacturer.

Also note that there it a small chance of it actually being the connections in your laptop itself that have been damaged. It's a much smaller chance that this is the case, but its something to note in case a battery replacement doesnt work.

Solution

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
The battery of your laptop is drain, this will happen if you're battery can't hold on the maximum current to be stored, and drop it below in minimum voltage when it loaded a software like OS. Thats the cause that you can't use your laptop without using your AC adapter. Buy a new battery same with your old battery pack or repack it