[SOLVED] Laptop won't start after installing new SSD ?

bdelad2

Reputable
Oct 24, 2017
Hi! I have Asus f510ua and I bought a new Kingston NV1 250GB NVMe PCIe SSD.
I installed the SSD but the laptop won't start at all.

When I disconnect it the PC boots normally.
What can be the reason?

254544145_4863652913654900_1972315167507008193_n.jpg
247850151_4863676866985838_4308636594691717208_n.jpg

Solution
With your laptop as is(out of the box, without the SSD), can you check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop's motherboard is at the time of writing? Also, there should be an SKU for your laptop with an alphanumeric code mentioned after the UA of your laptop's model number. You could parse the stickered underside of your laptop as well, just remove the serial number(and MAC address if there) for said laptop.

The key/notch on the M.2 slots would indicate that you can work with any NVMe drive but I've come across some laptops that had the right notch, the right slot and mention of NVMe support only to be relegated to SATS based M.2 SSD, in spite of having the latest BIOS version on said (client)laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
With your laptop as is(out of the box, without the SSD), can you check and see what your BIOS version for the laptop's motherboard is at the time of writing? Also, there should be an SKU for your laptop with an alphanumeric code mentioned after the UA of your laptop's model number. You could parse the stickered underside of your laptop as well, just remove the serial number(and MAC address if there) for said laptop.

The key/notch on the M.2 slots would indicate that you can work with any NVMe drive but I've come across some laptops that had the right notch, the right slot and mention of NVMe support only to be relegated to SATS based M.2 SSD, in spite of having the latest BIOS version on said (client)laptop.

Reactions: bdelad2
Solution