laptop won't start after Motherboard replacement but hdd works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2000

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
Hi all;
Pls I need ur help..
One week ago I had problem with my dell xps L501x. I called the costumer service and they said I should replace the Motherboard.. so I bought a new one and replaced it. and then tried to start the laptop but nothing happened. The lights were on just one second and then off.. I hold on the power 30 seconds and tried again to start it.. now I hear the hdd working and the CD driver trying to start but nothing else. No lights ( just power and battery light). Display isblack.. nothing happens. What should I do? .. anyone can help? .. iam writing my thesis now :(
Best r. Jimmy

take it apart again. make certain at least 1 stick of ram is still onboard as is the cpu plus it's heatsink. connect the screen cable to the motherboard. connect the power button to the motherboard. connect the cpu fan cable to the motherboard. connect the power adapter cable to the motherboard & press the power button.
just did that today on a dell inspiron 1525 laptop that wouldn't powerup nor were any lights on. working now & back to the owner.

see if can find a surface mounted fuse near the power jack & check it out with a ohm\mult-meter. got a phone call this morning that the laptop I got working yesterday has stopped working today after I ordered & just been shipped a new battery & keyboard. customer & I are going on a road trip this afternoon for a win7 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.