[SOLVED] Laptop wont start after upgrade ram and ssd

Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys, recently bought a new 8gb ram ddr3l and 256 gb ssd for my hp ac134TU. I opened the case and switch to the new one. Fyi, both ram and drive only have one slot respectively. Did i missed any step in switching them ? Because it wont start. I tried to re-switch to the old ones but its still the same 🥺 can anyone help me cause i need it to resolve fast since im having online class right now 🤕🤕🤕

Solution
The old one :
Seagate HDD 500gb
Samsung 4gb M471B5173QH0-YK0

New one :
Silicon Power SSD 256gb
Silicon Power 8gb SP008GLSTU160N02

First make sure that all the cables in the system are connected to the motherboard properly, that nothing was damaged when you opened it.

With the old parts in the system, unplug the CMOS and main battery and hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in the batteries again and see if it turns on.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your stick of ram, both the one that came with the laptop and the one that you're looking to replace it with? Which BIOS version are you currently on for your laptop? You can use the older stick of ram to power up the laptop and use CPU-Z>Mainboard tab>BIOS section, to tell you what BIOS version your laptop is currently on. You can try and disconnect from the wall(adapter), remove the laptop's battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds before reattempting to work with the old and new stick of ram. Make and model of the SSD? You will need to have a bootable USB installer for your OS handy after dropping the new SSD in.

The old one :
Seagate HDD 500gb
Samsung 4gb M471B5173QH0-YK0

New one :
Silicon Power SSD 256gb
Silicon Power 8gb SP008GLSTU160N02

First make sure that all the cables in the system are connected to the motherboard properly, that nothing was damaged when you opened it.

With the old parts in the system, unplug the CMOS and main battery and hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in the batteries again and see if it turns on.

Solution