hi all, i was using spybot search an destroy to get rid of some spyware and
it said id need to restart to fix one of the problems so i tried but now my
laptop is not starting. because of the spyware on it im not bothered about
fixing it properly and just want to format the c drive and start again but i
need to copy some files from my documents to the second partition on the
harddrive first. iv tried using the xp start disc using the repair current
windows instalation with repair console thing but that wont let me access my
docs. i also tried starting in safe mode with command prompt but it has the
same problem as starting normaly it gets to the screen after the scrolling
loader bar but before u get the list of acounts to log into then it
shutsdown. this is the first time iv had a problem with my laptop before i
just had a pc and would use a win98 boot disc to copy the files but my laptop
doesnt have a floppy drive is it possible to use a memory stick or something
similar. i could use a dvdr but id rather not waist it for something that can
fit on a floppy disc. any ideas on this problem will be much
appreciated.thanks, martin

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User