Laptop wont start

Dec 30, 2018
Ok so my asus GL551jw was working fine i packed it up in my backpack and went to my girlfriends when i got there we both decided to watch a movie so i hooked up the laptop to a tv and we started watching a movie then out of no where it turned off and everytime id turn it on it would boot up to asus logo and then turn off over and over again then i finally got it to boot up so i took the chance and reinstalled windows i got on the laptop after windows was done installing and i started a game i had on my usb when i got into the game it was really laggy so i thought well maybe i should install the latest nvidia graphics driver since it is a fresh reinstall of windows but i decided it would take to long so i was just going to restart it so i went and shut it down it never turned back on so 2 days later i decided to take it to a technician and he said the mobo was bad but how do i know cause he said the motherboard isnt getting any power at all and if it wont start how could he tell should i just buy another mobo for this laptop and just replace it with another gl551jw mobo?

Solution
Motherboards can be RMA by the vendor or by an Authorized person.. but no one can exactly tell anything without actually dissembling it.
So don't go and buy just try another charger. And if getting the same thing even after doing that then find someone who can repair it. the problem can be also in the charging port or else it can be your motherboard

But without making sure where exactly the problem is, don't buy anything for the Laptop
consider Laptop internal hardware is way more pricey than desktops!

Dec 30, 2018

the computer technician where I live said it was the motherboard and that it'll cost 275$+70 labor fee to replace the motherboard tbh I would buy it myself off eBay because I know what motherboard I need but I just don't trust eBay who knows if id receive a faulty motherboard off there but I have a gut feeling its not the motherboard idk why the laptop ran very well for the 2 years that ive had it then this happens and ive tried the pullout battery and hold power button down to discharge the laptop charge but it didnt work its the Asus GL551jw GTX960m variant i just dont understand what happened the technician didnt even tell what caused it and ive even opened up for myself to take a look cause i myself thought it was the motherboard but theres no residue no smell nothing just a motherboard if i plug in my charge for it the Battery charging light comes on but it wont start even without the battery and just ac it wont turn on

That's seems a fair deal getting that motherboard for such a price. But is he sure about the fault.
Or what will happened if you get same thing even after upgrading the motherboard?
My suggestion is try to find a similar motherboard and check it before changing your mind to buy it. And as you said eBay will not be so reliable for buying motherboards. Simply there can be damaged ones. If you buying anything seek for a local shop and check perfectly before buying. Online buying is not a good option.

In my laptop I also had a same type of issue and I guessed I would be something wrong with my motherboard. I couldn’t start it, no screen, no lights nothing but it was something wrong with my charging port.

in my experience it’s hard to identify a problem in a Laptop compared to Desktop especially when it is comes to Hardware but take some time try to find a motherboard and check it first before buying a new one

Solution
Dec 30, 2018

i just wish i knew what was really wrong with it before i shell out 300$ for a new motherboard for the laptop but i havnt found any signs of anything wrong with the mobo or battery its really confusing but thanks for your advice :)