Question Laptop Won't Start

DavidF29

Reputable
Mar 31, 2020
So yesterday, my laptop turned off randomly and won't turn on now. I have removed the battery and held the power button down for 60 seconds and it still won't turn on. I did some research and found that it may be my CMOS battery being dead. So, I was wondering could this be the case? Can a laptop start with a dead CMOS battery?

Bassplate

Reputable
So yesterday, my laptop turned off randomly and won't turn on now. I have removed the battery and held the power button down for 60 seconds and it still won't turn on. I did some research and found that it may be my CMOS battery being dead. So, I was wondering could this be the case? Can a laptop start with a dead CMOS battery?
Hi there DavidF29 :benetton:
Well some Laptops are programmed that if the CMOS battery are dead the computer will be forced not to start at all...But i don't really think that would be the case.
What model is the Laptop?
Common problems that prevents a Laptop from not starting up is ether a DEAD RAM or it could be the CMOS battery(Like i mentioned above)OR maybe a faulty Laptop Battery that prevents the Laptop from starting up.
You can try to Reseat your RAM of your Laptop again or just Boot up using only one RAM stick(If you have 2 or more RAM sticks installed)
Remove your Main Battery of your Laptop after you have changed the RAM on Slots then try to Reset Bios again(Holding down the power switch for at least 30Seconds then place your Laptop battery back in then try to start up now)
If still nothing Remove your Battery and plug your Laptop Charger directly into the Laptop then try to start the laptop again.
If still nothing ether take it to the nearest IT shop or just Buy new RAM for your Laptop.

DavidF29

Reputable
Mar 31, 2020
QyMnPbJpTQ_Ch2JmxHglOQ.jpg

How do I remove the battery?

Sep 19, 2020
Hi David? I am experiencing the same issue since today (ge72 6qf apache pro won't start). Did you have your issue resolved and if yes, then how?

Any advise from anyone that would be helpful.