Question Laptop wont turn on. Blinking power LED when pressed power button

Couch_Potato123

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
So today my pc shut down randomly and decided not to turn on. When i press and hold the power button my laptops power LED starts to blink. I opened my pc and when i press the power button strange small clicking noises come out from the motherboard as the same rate as LED blinks. I tried hard resetting my pc still doesnt work.

Last edited:

novathunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Your laptop may have overheated so let it cool down a bit before trying to power it on. What was it doing when it happened? Was the screen off? Was it plugged in and charging? The behavior you describe happens with my laptop everytime it's crazy hot, like way more than 95°C . It needs a minute or two to cool down a bit then it boots when I press power button.

Couch_Potato123

Reputable
Sep 3, 2016
Your laptop may have overheated so let it cool down a bit before trying to power it on. What was it doing when it happened? Was the screen off? Was it plugged in and charging? The behavior you describe happens with my laptop everytime it's crazy hot, like way more than 95°C . It needs a minute or two to cool down a bit then it boots when I press power button.
I dont think it was due to overheating because i reapplied thermal paste and waited the whole night. Laptop still wont boot up. Its still the same. I left my laptop on for music. Like youtube. It wasnt very hot. And yes it was plugged in but not charging since i have battery full. I always leave it plugged in so i dont use much battery.