[SOLVED] Laptop wont turn on or charge and smells burnt ?

Dec 31, 2020
hi, so a few days ago my laptop randomly shut off all of a sudden and I noticed the charging light was not lighting up anymore even though it was connected and I started to smell a faint burning plastic smell coming from the motherboard. I opened it up and nothing seemed burnt so I carefully dusted the fans hoping it would help haha, but it still wouldn't open turn on or charge. I have an Asus fx504g

also I still had an old laptop so I tried my charger on it, it worked for a few and when I turned that laptop on it shut down and wouldn't start or charge either.
the charger came with the Asus computer, it's not a random one so the volt and input output should be right.

Any ideas?

Solution
Happy New Year + Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You don't just swap over an adapter over to another laptop in spite of the ports seeming to lineup since the wattage and power output as well as input for each laptop can and will vary. So long as you're using a genuine adapter with the laptop that it came with you should be good. If you're experiencing charging issues, it's either that the laptop needs a BIOS update, an OS update, the battery might be shot(meaning you need a new battery) or the adapter needs replacing.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year + Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You don't just swap over an adapter over to another laptop in spite of the ports seeming to lineup since the wattage and power output as well as input for each laptop can and will vary. So long as you're using a genuine adapter with the laptop that it came with you should be good. If you're experiencing charging issues, it's either that the laptop needs a BIOS update, an OS update, the battery might be shot(meaning you need a new battery) or the adapter needs replacing.

Solution