[SOLVED] Laptop Won't turn on right away in the morning. All buttons are blinking for hours.

Nov 4, 2021
My laptop takes hours to turn on every morning. Literally every morning. Before it turns on, the power button, mute button, wifi button, and the indicators were blinking at the same time. 😑

I upgraded the ssd and reformat my laptop also but still have the same problem. At night, i tried making it into sleep mode overnight and when i wake up it automatically do the same , power button, mute button, wifi button and indicators automatically blinking before turning on.

Also, i think the fan and the board is not working while blinking.

Laptop specs
  • HP PROBOOK 640 G1
  • WINDOWS 10 pro
  • upgraded from hdd to ssd 256gb

Please help!

Solution
It might potentially be an issue with sleep mode or idling.

Turn on your computer and when you get to your home screen, go to the search bar and type "Power and sleep", then press enter. It will bring up the power and sleep settings. Set both Screen and Sleep to "Never", in the drop down menu.

Then go to control panel > Power options> choose when to turn off the display > change advanced power settings > power buttons and lid (drop down) > lid close action (drop down) > change on battery and plugged in from "sleep" to "do nothing"

Then shut down the laptop for a while (however long you wait before the issue starts) and see if it starts normally.
Nov 4, 2021
Try taking out the laptop battery and turning it on with the power cable plugged in. If it starts up normally, it could be the battery can't hold a charge.

Also, are the blinking lights happening in sequence? HP laptops will sometimes emit a blinking light sequence when there's an issue with the system.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021
Try taking out the laptop battery and turning it on with the power cable plugged in. If it starts up normally, it could be the battery can't hold a charge.

Also, are the blinking lights happening in sequence? HP laptops will sometimes emit a blinking light sequence when there's an issue with the system.

I already tried removing the battery but nothing happens. It's still the same. I also upgraded from hdd to sdd coz i thought this might be problem but still the same. 😩

It blinks not really fast and not too slow. I think 1 second every blink.

Nov 4, 2021
Try removing the battery, unplug the charger, then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug it in and try again.

Also is there any damage to the charging port? As in, does the charging cable wiggle around a lot when plugged in?

Nov 4, 2021
Try removing the battery, unplug the charger, then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug it in and try again.

Also is there any damage to the charging port? As in, does the charging cable wiggle around a lot when plugged in?

I also tried removing the battery, unplug the charger, then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Then plug it in and try again. Nothings work.

I Don't think there's a problem in my charging port. Charging cable also not wiggling when I plug it in.

weird thing also is that, when it is open after the blinking momentnof my laptop, it will go back to normal throughout the day. Like, if i will shut it down then turn it on, it will start right away. I'm experiencing the blinking problem like every morning. 😩

Nov 4, 2021
It might potentially be an issue with sleep mode or idling.

Turn on your computer and when you get to your home screen, go to the search bar and type "Power and sleep", then press enter. It will bring up the power and sleep settings. Set both Screen and Sleep to "Never", in the drop down menu.

Then go to control panel > Power options> choose when to turn off the display > change advanced power settings > power buttons and lid (drop down) > lid close action (drop down) > change on battery and plugged in from "sleep" to "do nothing"

Then shut down the laptop for a while (however long you wait before the issue starts) and see if it starts normally.

Last edited:
Solution