Laptop won't turn on until I hold the power button

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEcstasy

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I've been having with my laptop.

Laptop: Asus X751L 17.3" i5 Win 10 820m

Cause: Occasionally, and usually when the laptop is simply left on sleep/idle overnight.

Problem: When I turn it on in the morning, I find that the laptop is completely turned off, no display. At this point, I cannot even press the power button to turn it on. It's more or less dead.

As the charging light shows, as well as the power light, I found that holding the power button until it completely goes off offers a temporary solution.

Once I've turned it off completely, I then turn it on and everything seems fine....Until the next night -.-

Please: could someone help me find the root of this problem and if I will have to continue force shutting down the laptop when it's in its half-powered-off-glitch state.

I have lost work, lost open programs, tabs etc in the past and it's inconvenient.

<3 Many thanks in advance.

xEcstasy

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from xEcstasy : "Laptop won't turn on until I hold the power button"

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I've been having with my laptop.

Laptop: Asus X751L 17.3" i5 Win 10 820m

Cause: Occasionally, and usually when the laptop is simply left on sleep/idle overnight.

Problem: When I turn it on in the morning, I find that the laptop is completely turned off, no display. At this point, I cannot even press the power button to turn it on. It's more or less dead.

As the charging light shows, as well as the power light, I found that holding the power button until it completely goes off offers a temporary solution.

Once I've turned it off completely, I then turn it on and everything seems fine....Until the next night -.-

Please: could someone help me find the root of this problem and if I will have to continue force shutting down the laptop when it's in its half-powered-off-glitch state.

I have lost work, lost open programs, tabs etc in the past and it's inconvenient.

<3 Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.