[SOLVED] Laptop won't turn on ?

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
a couple years back i reset my old toshiba laptop. because it was from the late 2000's resetting took hours. so i went to bed, left the laptop on. and when i woke up, nothing. it just wouldnt work.

I tried a few things but still nothing. and about last year a had another look at it, and i plugged it in, turned it on, and still nothing. but i left it on and after 5 minutes, to my suprise, it actually booted. it had no boot drive so something must have been corrupted during the reset. but here's where things get weird:

It only boots around 20% of the time, other times it just does nothing. and now, i haven't gotten it to boot what so ever. It's a Toshiba satelite L500D if that helps. so basically to sum it up, it boots, but sits on a black screen. no light from the screen what so ever. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like your motherboard is bad. You can try to replace the CMOS battery, reseat the RAM and drive and see if that helps any.

Something that old there won't be much you can do with it well, a faster newer working system can be bought for like $100-150 if you need a laptop.

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
Sounds like your motherboard is bad. You can try to replace the CMOS battery, reseat the RAM and drive and see if that helps any.

Something that old there won't be much you can do with it well, a faster newer working system can be bought for like $100-150 if you need a laptop.
How would I go about replacing the cmos battery. I've taken it all apart and I can't find the battery. I've found something that looks like one, but it's soldered onto the board. So some cmos battery's may be soldered maybe?

TRENDING THREADS