[SOLVED] laptop wont work with internal or external display

Jun 26, 2020
My laptop's screen was shattered so I removed it and started using an external monitor while I waited for the new screen to ship. I just replaced the screen and now it won't work with the internal or external display.

Solution
Given that the laptop worked while the screen on the unit was working, and that the external display also worked, the issue might be the OS not wanting to identify the original panel as the laptop's own display. You might want to unplug from the wall, disassemble the laptop, remove the battery, then the sticks of ram and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

If you still can't get display on the original panel, then remove the CMOS battery and then replace it after 30 minutes.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?

Lutfij

Titan
Given that the laptop worked while the screen on the unit was working, and that the external display also worked, the issue might be the OS not wanting to identify the original panel as the laptop's own display. You might want to unplug from the wall, disassemble the laptop, remove the battery, then the sticks of ram and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

If you still can't get display on the original panel, then remove the CMOS battery and then replace it after 30 minutes.

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS