Question Laptop would not start on battery (CMOS or Laptop Battery)

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
If CMOS or Laptop batteries are plugged in, it wont even boot/POST. it will show its charging but wont turn on. even the power button would be off.
Also, it has to be started in a specific way. I have to unplug it and wait for the charge to discharge. The plug the charge in (without switching on the power outlet), THEN switch on the power outlet, and then pressing the button. I tried "Shutdown" from windows and tried to turn it back on just by pressing the power button of laptop. It didn't turn on. What could be the problem?

Lutfij

Titan
Seems to be a grounding issue on the laptop or might be something simple like a pending BIOS update. Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. Try also disconnecting all power sources, then pressing and holding down power button for 30 seconds. Try relocating to another wall outlet. Do you get a mild tingling sensation when you touch a metal part of the laptop and your bare feet are making contact with a titled, non wooden, non carpeted floor?

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
Seems to be a grounding issue on the laptop or might be something simple like a pending BIOS update. Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. Try also disconnecting all power sources, then pressing and holding down power button for 30 seconds. Try relocating to another wall outlet. Do you get a mild tingling sensation when you touch a metal part of the laptop and your bare feet are making contact with a titled, non wooden, non carpeted floor?

The model is an Asus FX505DU. Not sure about SKU but the Serial Number is KBNRCV03R54348D.

I have already disconnected CMOS battery, and laptop battery. The only power source it has is the charger. I tried different outlet and tried resetting but nothing.

Regarding tingling sensation, no I do not get any tingling, but I when I touch someone, it feels like they are vibrating. But when I noticed that, that person was also using a laptop so I am not sure. plus, this laptop seems like all metal? it has metal like feeling but feels very light. Sorry I am not well versed in this area haha. if you wish I could send a photo of it.

I searched about this further and I do remember hearing ver low humming sound whenever I would plugin my earphones. Could it be a charger issue?

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
The only power source it has is the charger.
How are you operating that laptop without a CMOS battery, you need some power for the motherboard to maintain it's BIOS settings and eventually the time.

I am not sure exactly? Because I removed the battery and so far its working fine. When i did the "long press the power key" thingy, it took alot of time to turn on though. But after that, not so much. Plus, thats the only way its turning on. By removing BOTH laptop battery AND CMOS battery (and having to first connect the charger, THEN turning it on.).

OMGSam

Commendable
Mar 1, 2020
The only power source it has is the charger.
How are you operating that laptop without a CMOS battery, you need some power for the motherboard to maintain it's BIOS settings and eventually the time.

Update: I still am making it work without any battery (Laptop or CMOS - both are disconnected). When I turn it on, the first time windows load, it takes longer than usual to boot up and the clock on window lock screen is out of order but when i log in, it gets corrected. Probably due to auto time detection of windows based on my ISP.

TRENDING THREADS