Question Laptop's Audio Jack keeps "timing out", not sending audio to speakers ?

Gamefreaknet

Commendable
Mar 29, 2022
Hi. I've recently been getting an issue where the audio off anything wont play until I unplug and plug back in the audio jack cable to my speakers. In my case the audio can work however if there's more than a 1 minute pause without audio if I try play something again after that minute 90% of the time there will be no audio and I'll need to unplug and plug back in the audio jack.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Things you can do:

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured when/after audio is "paused" or when audio fails to return. Look for other entries that correspond with unplugging an replugging the audio jack.

Turn off all power savers, screensavers, etc. to determine if audio problem ends.

Manually download the applicable audio drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party tools or installers.

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.