Question Laptops crashing 5ghz band

Mar 6, 2019
So i have a new netgear nighthawk as a router and i recently bought two new dell gaming laptops for me and my wife. But i ran into an issue where if both are sitting on the 5ghz band. That band will crash and drop or just run extremely slow. But theyre fine on the 2.4ghz. Anyone ever experienced this? Should i get my router replaced or returned for a different brand?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to jump over to Netgear's support site and located the page for your router. Look through your current router's firmware version and cross reference it with the firmware on the support site and if there are any updates pending. Often times network drops are eliminated with a firmware update.

Mar 6, 2019
You might want to jump over to Netgear's support site and located the page for your router. Look through your current router's firmware version and cross reference it with the firmware on the support site and if there are any updates pending. Often times network drops are eliminated with a firmware update.
I already talked to support for netgear and they confirmed me having up to date firmware. I just find it weird that both can be on 2.4ghz but only one of them can be on 5ghz