Question Laptops Gpu Upgrade

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, i have a asus laptop k55vj sx120d. in my laptop i have a Nvidia gt635m gpu PCi-E x16 Gen 2 slot and the card is removable. i removed it once. so, is it possible to upgrade my GPU?

Jul 21, 2019
Might want to read through this thread. The highest GPU you can work off of that laptop, internally is the GT635M.
thanks a lot for answering my question. but i have one more question for you. there is a problem with my gpu. i have tried everything to fix it but nothing works. when i play and low spec games the gpu works fine. but when i play games like battlefield 3 or arma 3 the gpu stops working and the driver crashes. i used DDU and installed the latest driver from scratch but nothing works. i also changed my laptops OS. but still no success.and finally i removed the gpu cleaned it put new thermal paste. but still the problem is there.

Lutfij

Titan
It's highly possible that temps might be affecting your laptop, GPU and the system overall.

Mind sharing which drivers you're currently on? You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. Then comes the matter of how your ram is loaded onto that system.

Jul 21, 2019
It's highly possible that temps might be affecting your laptop, GPU and the system overall.

Mind sharing which drivers you're currently on? You might want to see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your laptop. Then comes the matter of how your ram is loaded onto that system.
i just updated the bios. im using the driver version 391.35. i think youre right its a temperature issue. in stress test the gpu temp rising 45 degrees to 92 degrees in just 10 seconds.