Question Laptop's keyboard not registering input

Aug 10, 2019
So, one morning I woke up to a section of my keyboard keys not functioning no more. Most of them are of the middle alphabet row and also the enter key. Just puzzled as to why the sudden malfunction of the keys over the course of a single night. I've tried reinstalling the PS/2 drivers for it to no avail. Need suggestions as how to move on from this. I've been considering getting a new keyboard for it (the stand-alone one and not the one on the keyboard). Either that or send the whole laptop to the repair shop and hope for the best. Need opinions.

Aug 10, 2019
try repluging the laptop keyboard?
replace the keyboard on the laptop?
Say, would replacing the keyboard be costly? If that's true which would be better in your opinion. Replace the keyboard which could be costly or just buy a proper external keyboard, say a budget mechanical keyboard.

Say, would replacing the keyboard be costly? If that's true which would be better in your opinion. Replace the keyboard which could be costly or just buy a proper external keyboard, say a budget mechanical keyboard.

If you don't care about using the laptop keyboard then get an external and use it. If you want the laptop keyboard working, many models are about $20 on ebay. Easy to swap out on most laptops, few screws and click tabs undone and a ribbon cable or two to remove from the motherboard.

Reactions: Rapidstormz