Question Laptop's performance problem

May 15, 2020
My ACER Aspire 3 A315-41-R287 (AMD Ryzen 3 2200u, Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Gfx, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD) Laptop performance has been reduced. My laptop even can't run smoothly a 720p on VLC.

So here is a story before all of this,
I decided to update my Graphics Card Driver while watching 1080p movie. I didn't even thought about it as a bad idea, so stupid of me. While the graphics card driver was installing, the screen went black. I figured it is just the driver installing. After 30 mins, nothing happened so I forced shut down by holding the shutdown button then turned on the laptop again. The startup bios was running smoothly but after that it just turns black screen. I had no option but to reformat my laptop so I made a bootable windows 10 USB. The problem with that is I don't know if I chose the right partition or file system. I reformated my laptop with that bootable usb. The performance drastically was reduced. I reformated the laptop again but this time I made sure that the bootable USB has a right set of partition. After the reformat, the laptop's performance is still reduced. I can't run a 720p video smoothly. Note that my storage is 868GB free of 930GB. Before all of this happened, I can run 1080p and even 4k videos smoothly on this laptop. I also modified my windows 10 to run on max performance but still.

Any advice, guides or answers to my problem?
Gladly appreciated.

Last edited:

Spec13

Honorable
Sep 2, 2013
My ACER Aspire 3 A315-41-R287 (AMD Ryzen 3 2200u, Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Gfx, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD) Laptop performance has been reduced. My laptop even can't run smoothly a 720p on VLC.

So here is a story before all of this,
I decided to update my Graphics Card Driver while watching 1080p movie. I didn't even thought about it as a bad idea, so stupid of me. While the graphics card driver was installing, the screen went black. I figured it is just the driver installing. After 30 mins, nothing happened so I forced shut down by holding the shutdown button then turned on the laptop again. The startup bios was running smoothly but after that it just turns black screen. I had no option but to reformat my laptop so I made a bootable windows 10 USB. The problem with that is I don't know if I chose the right partition or file system. I reformated my laptop with that bootable usb. The performance drastically was reduced. I reformated the laptop again but this time I made sure that the bootable USB has a right set of partition. After the reformat, the laptop's performance is still reduced. I can't run a 720p video smoothly. Note that my storage is 868GB free of 930GB. Before all of this happened, I can run 1080p and even 4k videos smoothly on this laptop. I also modified my windows 10 to run on max performance but still.

Any advice, guides or answers to my problem?
Gladly appreciated.

Hi mate,

Bit of a situation you find yourself in by the sounds of it. Can you please provide information re your system resource usage? The symptoms you're describing sound to me as if there is potentially a deeper issue at play.

Cheers,

Trav