[SOLVED] Laptop's screen look pixelated?

Vamptacus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2021
I've got a lenovo legion 5 and the top right section of my screen looks like this, it looks fairly obvious on solid colors but not so much usually, I also got a stuck pixel on red but that's a different story.
Now I was wondering if this is a hardware or software issue to decide whether or not have my entire panel replaced.

unknown.png

Solution
seems fine when I connect the laptop to another monitor, I also tried using ddu and installing the newest driver with no luck, guess my only choice is to have the screen replaced...
one last question, is this problem going to spread to the rest of my screen gradually? or is it possible to just use it the way it is for a while?

Use it and see, there is always a chance of it getting worse, but if you are fine with how it is, just use it until it is worse and you want to replace it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to parse another image to give us some context to the display issue you're seeing, with respect tot eh overall display area, not to mention the dead pixel. To add, you might want to also add the SKU to your laptop, see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending and if you've got any updates pending on your OS as well. You can then follow up with DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall your GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Vamptacus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2021
I apologize for not being able to respond quickly, here is a picture of my entire screen and as you can see, the top right does have problems. also I have already updated everything including my bios so I don't think that's the problem though I'm not sure what SKU is and DDU should be display uninstaller right?😞
IMG_20210801_223329.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell from pictures, but it does look like there is a screen issue, you also have a light spot on the screen which is a damaged panel. If it's in warranty, contact Lenovo. If not, and you want this fixed, then a new screen would be a start here. Can be hard to trouble-shoot without replacing things but there is a good chance it's a bad screen.

Vamptacus

Commendable
Aug 1, 2021
seems fine when I connect the laptop to another monitor, I also tried using ddu and installing the newest driver with no luck, guess my only choice is to have the screen replaced...
one last question, is this problem going to spread to the rest of my screen gradually? or is it possible to just use it the way it is for a while?

Use it and see, there is always a chance of it getting worse, but if you are fine with how it is, just use it until it is worse and you want to replace it.

Solution